Friday, March 6, 2009

Condemned

Remember when I told you the lady that lives across the street moved out because she would sleep in her car? The plot thickens. Last night I was talking to the neighbor that lives next door to her.

Let's back this story up a few days...

Monday a Uhaul came to remove her belongings. Tuesday a junk truck came and took more things. Thursday a cleaning company came and they've been there everyday since.

The neighborhood instigator (you know you have one too) and I were talking and he told me this...

The lady (let's call her Debbie) had 3 dogs and never let them out in the 10 years she lived there. Her house was completely unlivable. The people couldn't come in the house to clean for 2 days because of the stench. I was wondering why the windows were open. The house has signs on it that say "CONDEMNED! DO NOT ENTER!" The bank took her house and doubt they can ever clean it good enough to sell it. The neighborhood instigator said he could smell it from his house. He's hoping that the mice and bugs don't invade his house since they have no where to go. I'm scared too. I had a mouse a couple of weeks ago. I killed it. I wonder if it was from her house.

So, the lovely lady that I really liked (and still do) was a stank. Who would have known? Now there's another vacant house in our sub. That makes 6. Here is my worry. The houses are now selling so cheap...the people that can afford to buy these houses are going to start moving in. Those are the same people that park on their lawns, set up BBQ's on the front porch and think it's ok to BUMP their music early Sunday morning and honk their horns.

They said "uh ohh there goes the neighborhood" when we moved in. Looks like we're going to be saying it next. Time to move.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Brian had a dog poop house like that across the street from him! The basement was knee-deep in poop, and it moved like it was alive!

wildmary said...

Isn't it amazing that people live like that and nobody suspects? I think there's one in every neighborhood. Even the nice ones. Well, maybe not the nicer ones since they have other people clean their houses.