Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Just Plain Ole Ugly


I hate my family room. It's ugly. It's plain, brown and boring. You have to go through the family room to get to the kitchen and it bothers me. The floor is wood and ugly. The walls are wood paneled and the furniture is boring. No that isn't a picture of my family room that I've posted.
It's not a huge room but it has lots of potential. I just don't know what to do with it to make it cozy and living roomish. I never sit in there and encourage others not to. It's depressing in there. I have a very large flat screen TV and a great stereo system in there but no desire to sit in there. I need help. I need a decorator. I want those wood paneled walls out. I want the floor gone. I want new furniture. It's not comfortable.
Anyone have a good painter they want to recommend?

2 comments:

Dave said...

I have a painter I won't recommend. Also, you have kids, so no flat paint. We made that mistake.

Alisa said...

I've seen painted paneling - instead of taking it off the walls you can paint it light and it looks totally different. Get a nice large warm-colored area rug for the floor and some big standing floor plants for the corners which give a room a nice warm feel.

That'll be $1,500 for my consultation fee.