Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Shhhh...It's Me.


I got a flat tire last week. I was driving on the spare which isn't a donut but still looks so dumb. I was embarrased to drive my car. Don't you hate your car when something goes wrong with it?


So, I called around for 1 new tire.
Option 1: $325.00 for the best
Option 2: $152.00 for the match to the other 3 tires.
I chose for option 99. That option was drive around on the spare.


My car has already cost me a brand new car in repairs. You might as well say I have a new car because almost everything in it is new. My headlight or tail light or dome light burns out once a week. The bulbs aren't cheap. Back to the tire...I figured I'd give in and get a new tire. I was tired of driving around looking like a poor, cheap peasant driving around in a Mercedes with a retarded tire. Even though I am a poor, cheap, peasant driving around in a Mercedes with a retarded tire.
I was so ashamed of driving my car with that eyesore that I even thought of buying a Burka and wearing it when I drive but I don't have pasties and a feather thong to wear underneath.
So, I called around and found a used tire for $45.00. It was the best purchase I made. I love my new tire. I love my car again. After they put the tire on I treated my car to a car wash and some gas.
Don't you just love happy endings?

No comments: