Monday, November 10, 2008

The Man in the Law Suit


Times are tough. I went to my trial/mediation today. Half of the waiting room looked to be in pain and the other half looked mad as hell. The room, filled with about 100 people was silent. Not a smile in the joint. My attorney walked in the room and yelled "LARKIN!" Everyone including me jumped out of our skin. My lawyer is awesome. He's loud as hell, swears like a sailor and can get $100.00 out of a homeless man. This guy is tough and no one F's with him.
While everyone in the waiting room was wearing clothes that were ripped to shreds, every single lawyer that walked in or out was dressed in Armani, tan and wearing expensive shoes. My lawyer took me in a private room to discuss business. He said he was here to win. He's not letting us walk out without a ton of money. My other attorney walked in. He looked like the cover of G.Q. Why didn't I become an attorney? They make Armani suits for women.
We waited awhile. We sat there. We talked. We joked. Our trial was postponed.
I feel good about this tho. If these attorneys can dress like this that means they're making their clients money and lots of it.
I'm waiting. I have no choice.

No comments: