Thursday, November 6, 2008

You Can't Get Better Than This.

This is my BFF from kindergarten. We haven't lost touch in 35 years. Not many people can say they've had a friend this long. My friend Ann will do ANYTHING for me even if it kills her. If I said "put this acid on your eyes" she would do it. I would do anything for her too. But she did one thing that I will never forget until the day I die.

We were outside in Canada. My back was killing me. I took my shoes off and put my bare feet on the floor. Hoping the coolness of the cement would travel up my back. I know it sounds dumb but sometimes it works. She brought me a chair. I have no idea where she got one from. I sat. She rubbed my back, played with my hair and told me it's going to be ok. When I was ready to get up from the chair she told me to wait a minute. She got down on the floor and wiped the bottom of my feet with her bare hands. She cleaned each toe and then put my shoes back on my feet. It's bringing tears to my eyes right now. That was the nicest gesture anyone has ever done for me. It's small but it meant so much and it still does.

I love you Ann!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I've known Jay since we were two years old, and he's never done that to my feet. Hmm...