Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stained


Pomegranate's are my all time favorite fruit. They're so juicy, sweet and good for you too! They're a pain to eat.
Yesterday during Saturday Night Live I decided to eat the pomegranate that's been chilling in my fridge for 3 days.
I got a huge bowl, a knife and several towels to put under the bowl because you don't want to get the juice on anything you care about. The juice stains forever.
I cut it open, juice flowed everywhere. I was so happy I bought a nice juicy one. This red beauty cost me $2.00. Brandi came in the room. She set her eyes on my bowl. I told her right away she couldn't have any. I wasn't sharing. "Get your own." I told her. Since she works at Meijer she said "I will buy my own 1896!" I said "what?" She said "1896" I said "what does that mean?" She said "that's the code # for pomegranates." She proceeded to tell me the code for every fruit and vegetable Meijer has. Very impressive but still not getting any of my pomegranate.
Bebe got up on the bed and stared over my bowl. He sat there licking his lips. I really wanted him to lick the juicy from the bottom of my bowl so he could have a red beard. I didn't do it.
I ate the whole thing. My fingers are stained. My pajamas stained. I had to use a yard of dental floss to get the seeds out of my teeth but it was worth it. Pomegranate season isn't long.

4 comments:

Alisa said...

I haven't had an 1896 in so long! Sounds yummy!

Dave said...

My favorite too! I, with great patience, remove every seed into a big bowl and then eat them with a spoon in about two minutes.

Dennis said...

If you get enough stain on your lips you'll look like the ladies who are Saturday night regulars at St. Ingantius bingo. They call theirs makeup.

wildmary said...

I'm with you guys. One of my favorite fruits are 1896. Maybe it's because the seeds are so hard to access, it makes the fruit taste better. I like fresh cranberries, too. Ever eat them out of the bag? If they're too tart for you sprinkle a little sugar on them and eat with a spoon. Then again, I'm the one who likes peanut butter and pickle sandwiches....enjoy!