Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Games People Play

I 1 the toilet
I 2 the toilet
I 3 the toilet
I 4 the toilet
I 5 the toilet
I 6 the toilet
I 7 the toilet
I 8 the toilet
EWWW you ate the toilet!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that game? It was fun. My kids and I still do it. I did it before giving them medicine but now we do it while we're in the car. We have so many "fun" games we play. I still laugh. They think I'm an idiot. My kids and I have many games, hand squeezes and other "secrets" I can't mention on here. I do these things to let them know they are safe and I am here. Heart touching isn't it?

We have different things we do for different situations. When my kids are nervous we have a secret hand squeeze. When my kids are having a personal problem we call it "having an episode" and when they are sad we have a special place to go and talk about it. Usually, it's in Brandi's room.

On the not so fun side...

My kids know I'm crazy. I will blow up at anyone at anytime if someone does or says something to my kids that I don't like. I've made many enemies with this explosive behavior. It's bad. Lately, if I have to go into the school office they jump for me. They know I'm crazy. I teach my kids not to do this and it's not right but I can't help myself.

Briana left for school today wearing a cute outfit. She called me 5 minutes ago. "Pam, they said I can't wear the pants I have on. Could you bring me another pair?" I told her that if she doesn't want me to come there and flip the entire school upside down she'll put the person that said she couldn't wear the pants on the phone. She knows better because I will argue and yell at that person because NOTHING is wrong with the pants she has on. If I let her leave the house wearing those pants...she will be wearing those pants the entire day. The pants are black sweat pants with the word "PINK" on the butt. What's wrong with them? I told her to go back to class. She hasn't called me back.

There are many times I had to go into school to fight and argue with principals, teachers and hall monitors. They stopped calling me. I know why. They have her call me now. I don't blame them.

I know the rules. I read the rules. We follow the rules. You want to make up new rules? Put it in writing. You can't just make up new rules when you want to. According to the dress code...there is nothing that says you can't wear sweat pants with writing on the butt.

I don't pose a threat. When I get ready to leave the office everyone is thanking ME! They tell me they are sorry. When I walk out - they talk about me for the rest of the day. I know that. I'm fine with it.

Brandi called me the other day during her work break. "Pam, there is this lady at work and she's so mean to me. Will you come here and beat her up?"

I put on my red cape. It's my game and sometimes I just do it to see the reaction on peoples faces when I open my mouth and the words just start flowing out. Their eyes bug out, they take a step back and can't believe me. I hear my kid in the background cheering..."GO PAM, GO PAM..."

2 comments:

Alisa said...

You know that invitation for you to come visit me? I think I've changed my mind... :-)

Anonymous said...

Whoa, Now I know why you and your bestest friend get along so great.lol