Thursday, September 18, 2008

Hello? Is Anyone Up There?


There is a party going on right now. It's in my house, upstairs and I'm not invited. I'm not feeling bad about it either.
Every morning there is a loud "thud" on my ceiling. I know it's not a squirrel because they don't weigh enough to "thud" when they land. This has to be a raccoon, oppossuim or a midget. I'm going with my first thought...a raccoon. I was thinking about putting Bebe up there to make sure.


We went to Home Depot and bought a live animal trap. Again, I wanted Bebe to go in the trap to to make sure it worked but decided against it. Bobby put a few pieces of bacon in the trap. The directions said to put raw fish in the trap but could you imagine the smell fish would make if the raccoon didn't go in the cage for a week? He might just move out on it's own because of the stench.


Back to the trap with the yummy bacon. The trap was taken to the attic by me. I'm not scared. I don't know why...I'm just not. I could use a raccoon hat if it just so happens to land on my head. I walked up the stairs the pull down thingy provides and looked around with a flashlight. We blocked all the doors in case the raccoon, possum or midget decided to fly down and out the door. I looked and looked. I saw nothing. I made raccoon noises. I didn't see any movement or hear any sounds. The coast was clear. I placed the trap and came down the attic stairs. We waited. It's been about 14 hours and I haven't heard the trap door snap shut. I hear the raccoon walking around upstairs and I'm sure he smells the bacon. Did he want eggs with that? Toast? Nah, they eat garbage...bacon will be good enough. I sit. I wait. I made a BLT.

No comments: