Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gratiot Central Market

Fall is my favorite season. To me - It's the best time to go to the Eastern Market. The air is crisp and cool. The stores are crowded and smelling good. The food may not be from local farmers but it's still just as yummy as in the summer.

I love Gratiot Central Market. You can see the meat before it's packaged and you can pick the exact piece you want without the counter person hemming and hawing because you're taking too long. They're so patient and helpful. There's a guy that works at the chicken counter and he is such a cutie. He's about 25, has a buzz cut, beautiful blue eyes and the most charming smile. When I get my chicken from him he will always carry my bags to the car no matter how busy they are. I always tip him. There must be 1,000's of people that come through there between the times I visit but he always remembers me.

I think I'll pay him a visit. My freezer is chickenless and my eyes would love to see him. If I was 25 again he would be mine! Salmonilia and all!

No comments: