Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Sick One


My husband, my sick little Briana and I laid in bed and watched TV last night. I fed Briana applesauce, jello and her pill. She lay there moaning, feverish and swollen. She fell asleep and the drooling started. All over my pillow and blanket. After 2 days of her sickness I didn't feel like standing over her and dabbing her mouth so her slobber wouldn't get on my fresh clean sheets and seep onto my pillow. I gave up.
I went downstairs, made my mom sleep on her couch and I took her bed. Briana is a kicker, blanket theif and now a drooler. I couldn't risk getting my toe kicked. Brandi offered her bed to me but her room is so messy I would never sleep. I dare not sleep in Briana's bed because her entire pillow is wet from drool. Dried up drool. Re-wettened drool. Her pillows need to be thrown away. My pillows need to be thrown away. The house needs to be aired out and Briana has to get better soon.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Get new pillows asap. And have them encased in heavy duty rubber covers. I think you can get them at Goodyear.