Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wishy Washy


We just got our new washer and dryer. They are a pair of front loading nightmares. To tell you the truth...I want my old 1990's model back.
First of all the user's guide is 71 pages long. That should have been a clue right there.
Our old top loading machines were fine but we wanted something bigger and more modern.
We grabbed the HE detergent and dashed to the laundry room the second the installation guys hit the door. We loaded up the washer and tried to figure out all of the buttons that sing to you when you push them. We had no idea what we were doing but too excited to read that novel called the User's Guide. At first nothing happened then we heard a little water...while we all stood around waiting to see our clothes get all soapy and wet nothing happened except the drum kept going back and forth. Nothing elaborate was happening. We waited and waited. Nothing.
I ran upstairs and called LG and told the operator that my clothes were just going round and round. They didn't look wet and I didn't see any suds.
She told me "your clothes are taking a shower not a bath." I said "OHH that's so fancy!"
The machine had done it's work. I took the clothes out to inspect the job. Not any cleaner than the old machine and a lot slower. My old washing machine and dryer was faster and looked like it was really working to get my clothes clean. This new model...not too impressive. I will get Carpal Tunnel from pushing all of the buttons and turning the dials.
Does anyone know where I can get the books on tape or DVD of an LG user's guide?

No comments: