Friday, October 3, 2008

Yeah! Sure!


My entire mailbox was filled to the top with post cards from people that want me to vote for them.
As soon as I open the mailbox I take all of the political mailings and toss them straight into the trash. If you read one...you've read them all.
Can someone explain this to me? I thought being a citizen of the USA entitles us to freedom of speech and freedom of expression. Why can't I wear my Obama shirt and pins on election day to the polls? Am I that much of an influence on people? If McCain and I were at the polls at the same time and I was wearing my Obama shirt would he change his mind? Would die hard Republics change their minds just by seeing others wear Democratic paraphernalia? I highly doubt it.
I can stand 50 feet from any door of any polling location without a problem. If I'm not going to vote I can go in the actual voting room and just stand there but if I'm going to vote I have to wear a plain ole shirt?
It makes no sense. I don't like it.

No comments: