Monday, October 20, 2008

Paratroopers

When I was in Israel - I was a bad bad girl. I was 17, with my best friend and never been out of the country before. I had to make sure I left my mark.

We went to Club Med in Elat (pronounced E-lot.) They had a club there and we were going to get in. Being a hot 17 year old blond American helped a lot. One of the other girls from the trip came along too. She was also a trouble maker and loved the adventures Holly and I would take her on.

You couldn't get into the club unless you were a guest of the hotel. We listened to the people coming into the club give their names to get in. We waited then went to the desk with our fake names and room number and got in. Usually at clubs they have pretzels and popcorn on the bar but in Israel they have olives. Good ones too! The disco at Club Med wasn't for 17 year olds. The crowd was more like 21 and over.

A few Paratroopers came over to our table while we were stuffing our faces with olives and asked us to dance. We danced, had fun and left with them. They were about 25 years old and American.

The three of us girls went back to their room at some other hotel. It was in walking distance. The three Paratroopers and us sat around talking, listening to music and laughing. They asked us if we smoked weed. I don't but the other two girls did. The Paratroopers pulled out a huge bag and a big brick of hash. No one had rolling papers. One of the Paratroopers got a safty pin, broke off a huge chunk of hash, pierced it on the safty pin and lit it. The entire room was filled with smoke. We got high even if we didn't want to.

We stumbled back into our hotel room at who knows what hour.

That was one of my many Israel adventures.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Now say 10 Hail Maries and try to do good.

Alisa said...

Does your mama know what she really spent those thousands of dollars sending you to Israel on? Not the kind of learning experience she was expecting!!